Dear 5th grade Parents:
We have two very fun events planned that will not happen without your help! The Town Pool Party and the Crestview Party. We need minimum 12 drivers (this is assuming people have big cars). Please sign up below. You need to be finger printed and fill out the new Volunteer Driving Form (see Volunteer Forms & Fingerprinting and Volunteer Driver Forms.) The new form takes 2 minutes to fill out and 2 minutes to hand in or email to Alicia Downey. You need to give her a copy of your license and insurance declaration with the paperwork. The lead time is 3-4 weeks so we need sign ups and forms handed in ASAP. I know everyone is short on time but please do this for the sake of the 5th grade class who is finally able to go back to “normal” after 2 years.
Here's the link to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0849A9AE2AA1F85-5thgrade
1. Parent Social: 5/21, 6pm, Horev Residence
2. Grade Wide Town Pool Party, Thursday, June 2. (Rain date is Friday, June 3rd.) Drivers are needed for drop-off and pick-up ONLY. Parents do not stay at the pool party. This event is chaperoned by the fifth-grade teachers, PE teachers, and officers from the Summit Police Department. Teachers will provide instructions on what to wear, bring, etc. Students will return to school by 3pm
3. Crestview Party: Monday, June 6. All day event 9:30am-2:30pm. Drivers for Drop Off and Pick Up needed as well as a few at the event.
4. Dare Graduation- Tuesday, June 7. Will be held at Summit High School. 7pm- arrive by 6:30pm) The kids will be given DARE tshirts during the day to wear that evening. Students sit up front with the parents watching from further back in the audience. There will be various speakers from the Police Department, Town and Community.
5. Graduation/Memories Through Music: June 10, 9am indoors. “Rain” date June13th. Reception to Follow. All students will wear Class of 2022 t-shirts. There will be videos, songs and presentations from the children.
6. Fifth-Grade Clap-In: June 13th 8:05 am at LH. Usually lasts about 30 minutes. Mr. Carlin and the 5th grade teachers walk the students around the school while the rest of the school watches and claps for their last day at LH. Students to wear T-shirts again on this day. Parents go home after.
7. Yearbooks will be given out on the last day of school, June 13. The children will be able to sign yearbooks and celebrate the last day of school together.
8. Beacon Hill Pool Party- June 13 following school. This is not a school sponsored event. We have volunteer sponsors from our 5th grade parents.
9. Class Gift- every year each class donates a gift to the school. We will work out the gift according to needs and funds and let you know.
T-shirts have been ordered!!
Courtney Reed and Abby Horev
5th Grade Activities Coordinators